Wreck Alley from 10 BC? Discover the efforts of the Archeological Society of Greece and local citizen scientist working off key islands in Greece to recover and preserve the history of ocean commerce of Ancient Greece. Nat Geo calls this area “Ancient shipwreck capital of the World”
1) The oldest shipwreck is dated at 600BCE
2) The earliest shipwreck is dated the 15th century.
3) The majority of the shipwrecks found are of the early Roman period.
4) In 2017 and 2018 the mission carried The Explorers Club flag.
5) The team has found and documented 58 ancient shipwrecks.
6) We will premier the documentary “Out of the Blue” at the DC show. A 15-minute film detailing the first 2 missions.
7) The first look at an intact Greek sailing vessel photo by (Soton Technology)
8. Why are there so many ancient shipwrecks there?